IQ-275 Intelligent Dimmer
The IQ-275 high-power programmable dimmer allows instant control of the brightness of auxiliary lamps with the flip of a switch.
The IQ-275 ties into the vehicle's high beam switch to provide instant control over the brightness of attached driving or fog lights
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
IQ-275 controller - 1
Adhesive velcro squares - 2
Posi-Tap® connectors - 3
Posi-Twist® connector - 4
Installation manual - 1
- Controller Input voltage: 12 - 16 Vdc
- Controller current draw (red wire): 15 milliamps
- Maximum lamp power: 144 watts (12 amps) each channel, 288 watts (24 amps) if both channels are connected in parallel
- Maximum lamp operating voltage: 48 V
- Programmable brightness range: 0 – 100% in 10% subjective brightness increments
- Default brightness levels:
- Yellow wire connected to ground: 10%
- Yellow wire not connected: 20%
- Yellow wire connected to +12 V: 50%
- Dimensions: L: 1.75" W: 1.31" H: 0.5"
- Weight: 2 oz.
Installation is quick and easy.
The controller can be used with most auxiliary lighting.
A comprehensive installation manual and all necessary connectors are included.
Additional wiring and programming information is available in the IQ-275 area of our support page.
The IQ-275 has been designed by a motorcyclist for motorcyclists. It allows you to quickly and safely select just the right brightness level for you auxiliary lights without having to look at a knob to turn or read a screen: you simply flick a 2 or 3 position switch or double tap a button.
This powerful controller has two identical channels, each of which can power a 144 watt/12 amp load. The two channels can be connected in parallel to power a combined load of 288 watts/24 amps.
The positive connection from the controller can be connected through a fuse directly to the vehicle's battery. No separate relay is required, as the controller performs this function. This simplifies wiring, eliminates extra components and improves reliability compared to the traditional relay wiring harness.
There are two possible modes of operation depending upon the type of lights that you have.
- Driving Light Mode - when your motorcycle's high beam is off, the controller will set the auxiliary lights to one of several user-programmed brightness settings depending upon the position of a brightness switch. When the motorcycle's high beam is activated, the controller overrides the switch setting and sends full power to the lamps
- Fog Light Mode - the same brightness selection is used but when the high beam is activated, the auxiliary lights are turned off
Multiple brightness settings are available with the use of an optional, customer-provided switch.
- two-position toggle switch provides two brightness settings in addition to the high beam override
- three-position center-off toggle switch provides three brightness settings may be selected in addition to the high beam override
Each of these settings can be programmed at any level from off to full brightness in 10% steps, providing very flexible and convenient control over the lamps' brightness.
You can even use a momentary-contact pushbutton switch to toggle back and forth between two brightness levels. (The turn signal cancel switch on the right handlebar on BMW's can be used for this purpose.) If no switch is used, the lamps will come on at a single, programmable brightness level when the high beam is off.
The unique ALERT! feature available on the IQ-275-A model. enables you to initiate a brief, highly conspicuous flashing sequence when you really need to be noticed by traffic ahead.
Just tap your high beam switch twice within one second, and the controller rapidly modulates the brightness of the lamps attached to the controller. No matter what brightness you have the lamps set to, even if they're off, they will immediately flash at maximum brightness in a very conspicuous sequence. The sequence takes less than two seconds, but will greatly improve your likelihood of being seen. Normal application of the high beam or a single tap will not trigger the ALERT! sequence, so it has no effect on your usual riding style.
Note 1: The 2014 and later model year BMW R1200GS with LED headlight option provides no access to the high beam wire so a separate switch is required to select high beam override and to program the unit. The model with incandescent headlights works normally.
Note 2: Some LEDs have 3 wires rather than 2, where the third wire is a dimmer input. There is a slightly different wiring method for 3-wire LED models. Some examples include :
- Denali dual-intensity DX and D2 models
- Cyclops Optimus
- VisionX Optimus
Note 3: While the great majority of aftermarket LED lights can be used with the IQ-275, a few are designed such that they will not operate properly with a dimmer. These include:
- Rigid Industries D Series Lamps (D2 and Dually) and SR models. Models manufactured after 7/2013 are no longer able to support the IQ-275 or any other dimmer due to a design change. Other Rigid LEDs work with our controller
- KTM 990 Supermoto Auxiliary LED Light Kit, part number: 62014910033
- Denali D4: While early Denali D4 LED's were fully compatible with the IQ-175 & IQ-275, the current model of this lamp is no longer able to support the IQ-275 or any other dimmer due to a design change. Other Denali LEDs work with our controller